How can I join AAAP?
Fill out our membership application form here. For inquiries, you may email our membership chair, Erick Villacorte, at email@example.com.
I do not have a special adult in my family; but I would like to help. How can I get in touch with you?
Send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Include your contact details and a short introduction, and describe how you would like to participate in AAAP initiatives.
How do I send monetary donations to AAAP?
Make your deposit at any Bank of the Philippine Island branch or on-line. Account Number 0401.0099.49. A method of on-line donations will be available shortly.
I am a writer with a story to tell. How do I become a contributor?
Pitch your article to us at email@example.com and you will be sent an invitation to create your account on WordPress. If you already have one, send us the email address you used to open your account. Once you are set up as a contributor, you can post your articles directly. You can save drafts, and as soon as you are ready, cue them for publishing so an editor can approve and complete the posting.
What are the editorial guidelines for contributors?
1. Articles should be original. You may wish to link to an existing web article; but it should be accompanied by your insights which apply to the Philippine environment, and preferably, align to AAAP initiatives.
2. Articles in Filipino and English are welcome. They should observe basic rules of readability — good grammar, syntax, spelling etcetera.
3. Articles should include a well-composed photograph. Photograph should be “realistic” — no digital enhancements, no texts in the photo, etcetera.
4. If you are quoting an article or reusing photograph from another site, the author is responsible for checking the copyright or getting permission from the author. Citations, if needed, are imperative.
5. Authors should classify their articles under any of the following categories. These may expand as the breadth of topics our contributors can cover presents itself.
… In the News – repost of on-line articles which mention AAAP and our members.
… Events – activities members and readers may join or coverage of a past event.
… People – personal stories from parents or spotlight on notable PWAs or professionals
… Places – spotlight on therapy centers, schools or other institutions that our membership can benefit from.
… Projects – spotlight on projects initiated by government and private institutions that our membership can benefit from.
… Education – results of studies here and abroad on autism. Note, that articles should target ADULTS.