SLEEP IN OR SLEEP OUT CAMP ACTIVITIES!
DATES: April 14-18, 2015
PLACE: #309 Molave street, Ayala Alabang (not anymore the Silang,Cavite place)
WHO MAY JOIN : Students age 4-18 with learning challenges
Special adults 18+ who are mobile and functional
Professionals who want to learn
The place is a house generously leased by the owner who will be away for the summer. Students have the option to either sleep in, or stay out and just report daily. There will be many activities lined up for each day, each of which is intended to make the student improve on a weak skill. There will also be touch and movement therapies that will be directly administered by the facilitator, Mrs. Leni Ochoa and the teacher trainers. Daily living skills for self-sufficiency at home will also be taught.
At the end of the summer camp, the student should be able to:
1. Learn fun and easy movements that will address specific weaknesses in areas like reading, writing, gross-motor, speech, self-control, self-awareness, organization, comprehension, and many more.
2. Learn to paint using various media and develop left-right brain balance in the process
3. Develop social skills -making friends, team spirit, respect, fair play, etc.
4. Be skilled in dancing and improve brain performance and social skills in the process
5. Perform basic home living skills such as cooking, organizing one’s things, cleaning, etc.
6. Identify, express and manage his/her strong emotions in a healthy way
The camp participants will also receive Jin Shin Jyutsu (a very effective but simple Japanese art of healing) treatments that will address the following:
1. Undesirable behavior and bad attitudes
2. Fixations, obsessions, emotional imbalance
3. Learning weaknesses
4. Emotional issues
Caregivers (parent or yaya) will also be given lessons on how to best manage the children in their care.
STUDENT FEES FEES FOR ATTENDING PROFESSIONALS:
SLEEP-IN FEES: SLEEP-IN FEE: P5,000.00
Student with caregiver …………………… P8,000.00 STAY-OUT FEE: P3,000.00
Student without caregiver……………… P5,000.00 NO CHARGE FOR THOSE WILL SERVE AS
STAY-OUT FEES: TRAINERS
Student with caregiver………………….. P6,000.00
Student without caregiver…………….. P3,000.00
FEES INCLUDE THREE MEALS AND HANDOUTS
A reservation fee of 20 % of the camp cost should be paid on or before April 6 to be assured of a slot.
( A maximum of 30 participants only will be admitted)
Sleep-in is highly recommended for students who:
1. Have no daily living skills for self-sufficiency;
2. Have poor social skills and need to develop healthier and happier relationships with peers and adults
THINGS TO BRING FOR THE SLEEP-INS:
1. Linens for bed, pillows or sleeping bags
2. Personal hygiene items (towel, soap, etc)
3. Comfortable clothes
4. Sleepwear: rubber shoes, sandals, slippers